Irving Kaye Co. Inc. discontinued doing business in 1981. This web site is dedicated to the preservation of the legacy of this uniquely American brand. Looking for parts? Post a message in the Forum.
My Game Room with Irving Kaye Eldorado and Drinker Tinker... let the games begin! —Stephen
A couple of years ago I tracked down Howard Kaye and gave him a call. He asked "why would anyone care about a company that was closed over 30 years ago?" I responded "there are a bunch of us who love the tables your family built and we'd like to know more about them". He told me to give him a call Tuesday... and he never picked up the phone again. So I started searching the internet and this is what I found. Read the post: Irving Kaye and the Mob "A Friend of Mine" to learn more about the rich and colorful past of Irving Kaye.
“Build up to quality, not down to price,” are the words echoed through the design and engineering departments of The Irving Kaye Company. We care about costs, but we care more about the quality of the products that bear our name. Only the finest materials and designs go into producing them.
— Irving Kaye founder Irving Kaye Co. Inc.
- Most noted for Irving Kaye Co. Inc. manufacturing coin-op billiard tables, bumper pool tables, foosball tables, coin-op arcade games.
- Pool Table models included the Ambassador, Apollo, Competitor, Continental, Eldorado, Satellite and Silver Shadow.
- Bumper Pool Table called the Klub Pool.
- Foosball table models include the Hurricane and Super Soccer.
- Arcade Games including Jumbo Hockey, Stanley Cup, Joker's Wild and Batting Practice.
- Estimated dates of business:
- Amusement Enterprises Inc. 1946-1952
- Kaye Manufacturing Co. 1953-1955
- Irving Kaye Co. Inc. 1955-1981
- Brooklyn, NY and later Stamford Connecticut
- Irving Kaye also was a principal with:
- Activeaire Devices Inc. 1954
- Bally Manufacturing Company 1963
- Scopitone Inc. U.S.A. 1964
Click here to view the Irving Kaye Timeline project.
“Irving Kaye pool tables are recognized as being one of the best tables manufactured during their time period and are still recognized as quality pieces today.” — Source: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Irving_Kaye_Tables